One day, a friend of mine shared several images on his facebook page. One of the images shared captured my attention and suddenly I had the urge to try making them! It is baked potatoes with parmesan and cheddar.
Before long, I bought all of the ingredients (the ones I haven’t got in the fridge/pantry) needed to make the baked potatoes and we are ready to go!
There were quite a bit of items to prepare, but the cooking itself was quite fast and painless.
What do we need to make Baked Potatoes with Parmesan and Cheddar?
- Australian Brushed Potatoes
- Parmesan Cheese – the one that came as a block of cheese
- Cheddar Cheese – also the one that came as a block of cheese. In the picture, you will see different cheddar, but you can use the normal cheddar cheese.
- Sour Cream
- Spring Onion
- Salt and Pepper
All of the ingredients above can be found quite easily in your local supermarket. I did not put any measurements in the list of ingredients as you could freely use as much or as little of them as you want!
The Preparation for Baked Potatoes with Parmesan and Cheddar
- When you bought the same potatoes as mine, you would want to clean them up off any soils on their skin.
- Put them in a cooking pot, but make sure they are immersed in water and add some salt as needed.
- Boil them in high heat. I add six minutes AFTER the water boiled in the pot before taking the potatoes out.
- Chop Onion Spring, as needed
- Sliced parmesan cheese thinly. In the picture I did not cut it thin enough and it didn’t look nice when slipped into the potatoes.
- Cut the potato into several sections (the more the better), but not deep enough so that you keep the whole figure intact.
- Slipped the parmesan slices into each compartment (i.e. the sliced part) of the potato.
- Grate the cheddar cheese on top of the potato.
How do we make Baked Potatoes with Parmesan and Cheddar?
- Pre-heat oven to 200o The term pre-heat means you leave it on for around 5 minutes in that temperature before you put in your potato.
- Put the potato on the baking tray. Make sure you cover the baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Put the baking tray into the oven for around 15 minutes.
- After taking it out of the oven, add a blob of sour cream and garnish with spring onion.
A little tips to make your perfect Baked Potatoes with Parmesan and Cheddar
- You don’t need to peel the skin off the potatoes.
- Boil it a little bit longer if you want to make a softer potato.
- Don’t grate the cheddar cheese beforehand. They are quite sticky!