I have been pondering about this for a while and I have decided to add a section in All About Food Blog dedicated to recipe. For my first post on recipe, I’ve decided to write about Deep Fried Meatballs. I actually got this recipe from the back of a premix flour and I know it’s not the ‘proper’ way to write a recipe, but I think it’s a good start. I am also not a chef, so the writing can be quite unorthodox.
We altered the recipe slightly to substitute Mackarel fish with Basa fish. I guess you can substitute the meat from the list of ingredients to whatever you like as long as you have the right weight for each.
So, what do we need for making this Deep Fried Meatballs?
- 1 Litre Canola/Sunflower Oil
- NILASARI Premix Bakso Goreng
- 125gr Fresh Prawn
- 125gr Fresh Basa Fish
- 250gr Chicken Thigh Fillet
- 2 Eggs
- 35cc Water
How do we cook the Deep Fried Meatballs?
1. Blend all the meat together. You could use either a hand blender or a conventional one.
2. Further mix eggs, the premix, and water into the blend. The instruction specifies you to mix with hand mixer for this stage.
3. Prepare a wok filled with cold oil.
4. Dust your palms with any kind of flour. This will help prevent stickiness for the next stage.
5. Spoon out the blended dough and create a dough roll with your fingers.
6. Immerse the roll you have created into the oil prepared in step three.
7. Bring the wok to a low heat and fry the meatballs until golden brown.
8. You might want to lower the heat a little bit for your second batch as it would cook a lot quicker.
Some tips to make the perfect deep fried meatballs
First tip: Do not stuff the wok with too many meatballs
A bit of advice from a friend: If your meatballs shrink after you take it off the wok, it means you haven’t cooked them long enough.
Another tip for you: To reach the perfect golden brown, you need around 15 minutes of frying time.
Deep Fried Meatballs
What’s in the premix?
The box stated that for every 250 gr of the premix, it consisted of Tapioca Flour, Wheat Flour, Chicken Flavour, pepper and salt.