Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2014
Sepia is once again the top restaurant for this year’s Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2014. The restaurant won this award in 2012 and was a three hat last year.
Other Awards in this year’s Good Food Guide 2014
Ross Lusted from The Bridge Room has won the Chef of The Year award. The Bridge Room is a two-hat restaurant.
Louis Tamayo (Claude’s) won the Service Excellence Award.
Young Chef of the year award was given to Louis Tikaram from Longrain.
New restaurant of the year is Mr Wong.
Award of Innovation went to Kylie Kwong.
Guillaume Brahimi received the Legend Award.
List of restaurants with hats
There are five restaurants awarded with three hats as listed in the Good Food website:
- Sepia – Winner of 2014 and 2012 Restaurant of the year award.
- Guillaume at Bennelong – This iconic restaurant will close its doors permanently at the end of the year.
- Momofuku Seiobo – This restaurant has been a three hat ever since it opened its doors to public!
- Quay – 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2013 restaurant of the year. Quay is the only restaurant in this year’s list that I’ve been to.
- Rockpool – The group has several restaurants including two two-hat restaurants, Rockpool Bar and grill and Spice Temple.
As listed from the website, the rest of the hats are as follows:
Aria, The Bridge Room, Buon Ricordo, Claude’s, est., Four in Hand Dining Room, Gastro Park, Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, Longrain, Lucio’s Italian Restaurant, Marque, MoVida, Mr Wong, Ormeggio at The Spit, Pilu at Freshwater, Rockpool Bar & Grill, Spice Temple, Tetsuya’s.
Aki’s Indian Restaurant, Ananas Bar & Brasserie, The Apollo, Arras, Balla, The Bathers’ Pavilion, Berowra Waters Inn, Billy Kwong, Bistro Moncur, Bistrode CBD, The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay, Bodega, buzo trattoria, Cafe Sopra, Catalina, China Doll, Clareville Kiosk, The Devonshire, Flying Fish Restaurant & Bar, Foveaux Restaurant & Bar, Glass Brasserie, Gowings Bar & Grill, Hartsyard, Jonah’s Restaurant, Kepos Street Kitchen, Monopole, Ms.G’s, Oscillate Wildly, Popolo, Porteño, The Restaurant Pendolino, Saké Restaurant & Bar, Sean’s Panaroma, Sixpenny, Sokyo, Three Blue Ducks, Tomislav, Uccello, Ume Restaurant, Xanthi.
After writing this article, we have managed to go to several other hatted restaurants, please find the reviews as follows:
– Rockpool (http://allaboutfoodblog.com/rockpool/) for lunch
– Three Blue Ducks (http://allaboutfoodblog.com/three-blue-ducks/)
– Xanthi (http://allaboutfoodblog.com/xanthi/) – Unfortunately this restaurant is now closed permanently.